Spring





Spring by 2ndAveStudio
Spring, a photo by 2ndAveStudio on Flickr.



 
 This is a queen sized quilt I made using some of my favorite blue/green fabrics. I needed a simple top to try straight line quilting on, a simple top to use my linen batting with, a simple to top to compliment my mostly yellow/orange/pink vintage sheet quilt. being truly bed sized requires so much work and wrangling ... I just wanted simple fun and really, I didn't want to use linen batting and on a more complex quilt and regret it.  first time. 
I thought it looked flat so i thought what it needs is applique spring flowers... Im gonna learn the piece o' way.. so I order a book, started a little single block and decide "Im not needle turning nothing! lets try raw edge... 
I used the left over blocks to test out my raw edge ideas... I think it turned ut great but still alot of work and not gonna happen queen sized...  borders maybe? 
last night Nancy Stoval and I did a program on long arming. Nancy has a shop here in town Just Quilting and she is a professional quilter. Im just a hobby quilter really, I only have a few clients and they let me do whatever I want. 


Quilters Rock!
Rachel

3 comments:

Marcia Mersky said...

I love this new quilt! So cheerful.

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

I Love the quilt! It looks great with the added appliqué. Really brightens it up, but still has the overall blue/green feel. You'll have to tell me about the program you did on longarming with Nancy!

Gail Lizette said...

I love the orange binding on the quilt... and that it has a companion!