The Kaleidoscope Quilt Along with Don't Call Me Betsy

Well, I joined The  Kaleidoscope Quilt Along with Don't Call Me Betsy. Im excited! I call them Kite Quilts, but the meaning is the same:
I'm in it to win it! :) Im very keen! i've made a few of these and like them almost as much as curved piecing... so easy and fun and a really big bang for the buck. Very high Return On Investent of time! If your looking for a new project consider the KQADCMB check out the group over at flickr!

I picked some fabric:

 
I'm using my collection of red and aqua blue. I traded in this color way with Cherri over at SEW ON.
We traded 7 inch strips and parts of strips to increase the amount of different fabrics in the 2 color ways. fun.  
I really wanted to do a project with this color way before it gets too dated and because it will be dated. Did that make sense?  If my quilts survive into the future, looking at my Red/Aqua quilt someone could say "wow! hello 2010!" just like the blue and whites of the last century.  
SO its kinda a "2 fer" for me. grin.
I made a test block:
 
 I ordered some fabric over at PINK CASTLE FABRICS which I made me really happy.

I still need a background fabric and I haven't quite decided yet but I'm tempted to to do like I did on my log cabin. Using lots of whites, off whites and greys.. Im really loving how it looks and its easier on my super blonde fundus (making me light sensitive and not liking the glare of the solid white).  
 
So now that I'm done with The Jackson School Quilt ( that's for another post I think, so just ignore I said that) I'm free to start another project. 
Im also going to load another quilting project. Im trying to get some quilts made for my moms house and its kinda a great place for wips I kinda lost steam for or in this case, "a too contrasty eye sore". as her eyes process less light  ( which is common with elderly) she can take my "eyesores". 
SO - thats me full up for a while:
Handwork: binding my latest finish and log cabin applique 
Piecing: Kaleidoscope Quilt Along with Don't Call Me Betsy 
Quilting: 30s Bento Box for Mothers second bedroom

Quilters Rock!! 
Rachel

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Your comment about red/aqua - aka "raqua" reminded me to "get on" my Joel Dewberry brown/orange & my orange & aqua projects. They are growing old as I type.

The Calico Cat said...

Love that log cabin BTW!

Amy Gordon-Pruden said...

I love your comment about the fabrics being dated. I have bought so many collections that I didn't sew up immediately and when I look at them now I think, oh that was so 1998! I have yet to pull my fabrics for this one but I'll go dig through the stash tonight after the boy goes to sleep. I can't wait to see what your quilt looks like, your pulled fabrics are awesome!