Am I Done Yet?

photo.JPG by 2ndAveStudio
photo.JPG, a photo by 2ndAveStudio on Flickr.
I've been working on a project for forever and it finally feels like I am getting close to finished...
but I ran out of cute disks...
So, I made a few more...
Eye Candy.
Next will come the quilting and the binding. Its a keeper for sure. I'm really excited.
So many things happening. Quilts in the works, getting ready to teach Quilting, and I had a sweet email conversation with a woman (a famous woman) who I credit with teaching me to quilt.
When I was young,  people would come over to my grandmothers house, look at her Art and Accomplishments, get a look on their face and sort of whisper "What an Artist".
Today I watched a woman who I had never met, reach her hand out, stroke my quilt, run her hand across a texture I had created, Joy scampered across her face and she whispered "Oh My ". 
Of course, I have low self esteem. I felt so embarrassed and maybe even ashamed. It wasn't until hours later that I realized what happened. Sure, I feel some Pride, but I also feel Connection. Not only, to the woman who can see the piece of me I put in that quilt, but to my Grandmother. 
I'm really grateful.
Quilters Rock!

2 comments:

Gail Lizette said...

OH MY! First... I love your eye candy ~ can't wait to see what they are gonna be a part of! and Second... while you may have low self esteem, your quilts scream art and accomplishment. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some connection and self worth.

Jill said...

Love the discs! Can't wait to see this baby finished. So I just have to tell you, Me and my 2 minis were driving by MD this morn, and I pulled up in front to look in the windows and see if you were there. I said, oh bummer, Rachel's not there, and Syd said "Rachel loves us, Rachel's a fun". 2 yr olds are pretty cute sometimes.