Project Improv Completed!
The Bitchy Stitcher gave away her Quilt with a contest and I got the answer right.
and I quote
"You are correct! It is actually called a "dangling participle"
which I believe is the funniest name for a grammatical error ever.
You have 2 entries - good luck!
SO really, I feel like a winner. I didn't win the quilt but I guessed right. Silver lining and all that.
English is the only language I know , well I've got a bit of Menu Spanish and can order beef and swear in Vietnamese, but really this is it. I speak the english. According to those who know me, my written grammar sucks. My speach isn't much better. I have endured grammar lectures from what feels like every member of my family.repeatedly. Even my FIL who has a masters. Thanks Poppy. I must have learned something. Or it was dumb luck. Either way.... I got it right!
Back on April 1st Jackie from TallGrassStudio sent me a Project Improv quilt top and back to quilt.
I added Warm and Natural batting and quilted it using a style I have been working to learn. I call it swirls. I used it on my Spare change quilt and lots of folks mentioned they liked the quilting.
Don't mess with success, that's what I say.
Because the sashing/borders is so dark, any quilting I did with light thread (I thought) would be too contrasty and weird. If I used dark thread, it would show on the back and not be good. or rather might show on the back.
I left the sashing /border with out any quilting, I think it looks great. I then added polka dot machine binding which plays up the red in the blocks. I think that binding is the perfect choice. It's a Maywood Studio, just crazy about dots. From my stash.
I quilted with Bottom Line thread on top and in the bobbin.
I hope you all like it.
See my full Project Improv Set over at Flickr.com
Im moving Project Improv Quilt over to the Completed in 2009 column!