Banner Quilt


Banner Quilt
Originally uploaded by 2ndAveStudio
This weeks stack of is done. I have 5. These are all going to Give a Kid a Quilt. See the banner over there? Send a small top or finished quilt and help a kid out. The focus on this quilt drive is kids under five living at or below poverty. Have a look see and maybe help a kid out.
Remember a couple years ago when everyone was making those banners? I mean they were everywhere... I designed this quilt then ... it was an experimental top I never finished till recently. I am happy to know its going to a good home. Someone will love it.
I've been kinda working like mad on my stepsons quilt. I am trying to make quilts for my husband and his 2 kids for Xmas. I have 2 tops done and the third has been a super pain. I thought I had an idea... a brilliant plan. I made some Improv blocks and Whoa, Nelly did they suck! They would have been great itty bitty art bits! Mostly, they just plain sucked.
Plan abandoned.
So for weeks I sat looking at my "ideas board", the edge section of my design board where I put up ideas, trying to work out what to make him that fit his personality. I'll show you later as they get closer to finished. Or maybe it will be a surprise after Xmas. .. who knows.

Give a Kid a Quilt is steadily growing and adding followers.

Quilters Rock!

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

I must've joined the Quilt Blog Revolution after "Banner Quilts" were all the rage.

I have to say... I LOVE IT!

And now I'm going to have to make one. :)

Amy said...

I really like your banner quilt. Love how you knocked the corner off like that. Brilliant!

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

I'm so glad to know it's growing - i've seen more blog postings about it lately and I'm so glad. I'm anxious to get a few finished and over to you.

Bev said...

Beautiful quilts--great cause! Good for you! Love your blog. Please stop by mine any time! I'm having a blog giveaway for 3 free yards of Hushabye fabric! Cheery wave from Bev
http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

fabricartist21 said...

Yes Quilter Rock!! Etsy $5.00 sale on November 30th go to my blog for details. Thanks