All Better!


Oh no! It isn't enough that my husband got the flu and a head cold. I got the flu and a head cold. Then I got an ear infection...
I was a bit caught up in my own body failing me I didn't notice that my doggy was "not right".
Now that my sinuses are clear can someone please tell me " what the hell is that smell?"
YUCK!
Stella, is that you?
Turns out there is a growth - lets not call it a tumor till its back from biopsy- tangling in her mouth. Catching food, getting chewed, getting infected... grossest ever. The vet originally said she had a broken tooth and lets go do a "dental". Called me on the phone to say " hey, guess what I found?" The growth was attached to the roof of her mouth by a stem so they just burn thru the connection and left part of the growth. Usually they "melon ball" out everything and make sure there are no cells left. Hopefully its not yet in the bone.
Beagles are prone to growths of all kinds so that s a bummer. Now that we are one day post surgery.. Beagles are also super cry babies..... I mean Geez ! What a Whiner! Here she is in her Laundry Basket/ Sleep Basket right after coming home.

poor little baby! She cried all night and was miserable. It was clear her tummy hurt and I could her gurrgle...
Around Noon today she asked to eat.. Stella does this by pawing her bowl or if I walk into the kitchen, she will sit on the rug in front of the stove and kinda cough and sniff the air. I gave her a little something.. Chicken, oatmeal, Raw prepared food (she is on a BARF diet) and she brightened up a bit.

I think she is on the road to recovery... happy smiles all around! Now lets just hope that biopsy isn't malignant.
That Moulin Rouge quit that she is laying on was rejected by a charity for being "ugly"... I am not even kidding. Not for lack of craftsmanship but the leader didn't like the colors (bitch). I used it as practice and it has some of my very first feathers and a pretty good meander if I do say so myself. plus... . Stella loves it, so there!

Quilters Rock but puppies Rule!

5 comments:

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

Rofl! I can't believe a quilt was rejected by a charity! Glad to hear she's on the mend, dogs always seem to get benign cycts. I think all of my dogs in recent years have. I guess I know how to pick 'em! ;)

Urban Crunch said...

Poor puppy :( We are having puppy drama at my house too. Cali our 6 yo lab tore her ACL & is getting surgery for it in a week. Luckily she's one of the quietest dogs I've ever met (not like our other two cry babies). I hope your pup feels better.

That charity lady is LAME. You should see some of the uglies the charity quilt group I belong to makes! U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi! We use fabric that's been donated, so I'm sure you can imagine. Your pup deseves that quilt way more than that mean lady anyway. Makes me want to make my pups blankies too.

The Calico Cat said...

1. Yay = all better
2. Whining is a good thing (or so my MIL taught my husband.)
3. rejected by a charity for being "ugly" SERIOUSLY, I was going to ask about that quilt... I have heard that charities don't like to get "Halloween" & the like quilts, but they make judgements like "ugly." & people wonder why people quit giving...

Unknown said...

oh goodness...so that's where you have been. Poor puppy. I have a rotten he'd cold too. Poop. at least it's sunny.

Minka said...

I read your more recent post and I'm glad to hear all is well. Moulin Rouge goes with the drama, you know. Very cute pup -- drama queen or not. Woof!