Friends! how great are they?


WOW I can't believe its been more than a week since I posted but there you go.
Lately, I have had the opportunity to reflect on the effect of my quilt relationships.
Every first and third Tuesday of the month I meet with at least "She who stamps" and "The Queen" for dinner and then over to a Quilt Club. Sometimes more ladies show up, sometimes not. It's really great to break bread bread together or split an egg roll as the case may be and talk about our week. "She who stamps" and "The Queen" have been friends 20+ years, so I count myself lucky to get to hang out and learn from them. "The Queen" has given me lots "opportunities for growth" in our lil "Bee".

At Quilt Market a couple weeks ago, I bumped into Betty and Vern from Storyquilts. They used to have store in our area and had a long arm for rent. I used to go weekly and long arm at their store. They taught me so much and were very generous to our charity. Vern especially gave me really good advice about business and it was nice to see them and be able to tell them how much it meant to me.


This last week I got both some really bad news about a quilt friend, and what I thought was really great news professionally. The "bad news" got a little better and what I thought was "great professional news" didn't work out the way I hoped. I just started "professional work" this year and it's okay that it didn't go well, I learned a lot. I reached out to some great professionals and an acquaintance who were so generous with their time and advice. I think my little hive of support is bigger than I think it is.

I know I promised give-aways and raffles so to be sure they are coming.

1 comment:

jacquie said...

Good people can make such a difference in our lives. Have a great day!