Election Results



Hottie commissioner Sam Adams was elected mayor of Portland on Tuesday, in an easy victory over businessman Sho Dozono.

Adams' win makes him the first openly gay mayor of a major U.S. city.

"I'm running not to be a gay mayor, but a great mayor," he said after delivering his victory speech. "But I'm very cognizant, very aware that I'm the first openly gay mayor of a major American city. That's a real honor."

I am so proud of Sam, so proud of Portland!

I have family who is gay, family I love. Somewhere over the rainbow.... is Portland. Quilt market, Primary election, and now Sam's victory.... its been a great week for Portland.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Well said.
I look forward to the day when someone's sexual orientation is no more important then the color of their hair.
Way to go Portland!